Privacy Notice of Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd.
Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd. in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd.
Rosguill, Hall Demesne, Mountcharles, Co. Donegal
Tel: 074 9735602
When we refer to ‘we’ it is Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd.
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as an insurance intermediary under the European Communities (Insurance Mediation) Regulations, 2005 (as amended) and as an
Investment Intermediary authorised under the Investment Intermediaries Act 1995, as amended (Ref No. 54725).
Our principal business is to provide advice and arrange transactions on behalf of clients in relation to life insurance, specified illness benefit, income protection, pensions, savings and investment products.
Our GDPR Owner can be contacted directly here:
What Information will we collect
Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd will only ask for personal information that is relevant in order to answer a specific query or process a specific task.
- information about you– such as your name, age, gender, date of birth or nationality. We need this information to help us identify you.
- government identifiers– for example information from your identification documents, such as your driving licence or passport.
- contact information– for example your address, Eircode, email address, or phone numbers.
- financial information– for example salary and your bank account details for any payments to us or we make to you. If we need to verify information on your finances, we may require copies of your financial accounts.
- contractual information– for example details about your products and benefits.
- family & beneficiaries information– for example your marital status, dependents, next of kin or nominated beneficiaries.
- other information– for example your job, interests, travel, health, family history and other relevant risk factors.
We use the information we obtain directly from you for a number of reasons:
- setting up and administering your policy
- completing any requests you make
- assisting with any claims you make
- verifying your identity and preventing fraud
- fulfilling any legal or regulatory obligations
- sending you information
- monitoring our websites
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to arrange for the provision of products in relation to life insurance, specified illness benefit, income protection, pensions, savings and investment products Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd. needs to collect personal data so that we can provide advice and arrange transactions on behalf of clients in relation to these products.
Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
Legal basis – Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd. needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to arranging a contract of insurance to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract. This is in relation to life insurance, specified illness benefit, income protection, pensions, savings and investment products
In any event, Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd. is committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd. use the personal data it collects about me?
Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd. will collect, store and use the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial or ethnic origin – financial information and data relating to criminal convictions and offences is not categorised as sensitive data) we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd. in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need
your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd. procedures.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- Product Providers with whom we hold Agency Agreements
- Service providers who provide our support services. These include IT and electronic data storage providers, computer maintenance and service contractors, document storage and destruction companies, claims handlers and legal advisers.
- Statutory and regulatory bodies. These include the Central Bank of Ireland, the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman.
- Identity authentication and fraud prevention agencies, including an Garda Siochana, Revenue Commissioners and the Criminal Assets Bureau.
- Your financial/taxation/legal adviser.
If we transfer personal data to a third party, we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies are available for you the data subject.
Data Subjects Rights:
Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd. facilitates you, our client’s rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd. refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing.
Retention of your personal data
Your personal data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and to comply with our regulatory requirements. This will involve retaining your information for a reasonable period of time after your policy and any business relationship has ended. Our Data Retention Policy sets out the various guidelines for retaining different types of data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Joe Coyle Financial Consultants Ltd. or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with our data protection owner, Joe Coyle and/or the Data Protection Commissioner.
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data to fulfil a contract and you cannot provide this data, the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
Financial advisors use profiling in their business. The main categories are:
- Risk profiling.
- Profiling for marketing purposes.
- Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services and mortgage product
- Risk Profiling
To establish a customer’s attitude to investment risk (relates to pensions and investments) advisors have automated calculators which calculate the customers attitude to various levels of risk having answered a series of questions.
2.Profiling for marketing purposes
When we seek to contact you about other services, as outlined above we run automated queries on our computerised data base to establish the suitability of proposed products or services to your needs.
3.Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services products.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on
Tel: 074 9735602